- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows® XP with Service Pack 1 and Vista
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium® 4 or equivalent
- Memory: 512 MB RAM (768 MB RAM for Vista)
- Graphics: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
- DirectX®: The latest version of DirectX 9.0c or higher
- Hard Drive: At least 4 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB additional space for creations Intel Integrated Chipset, 945GM or above
- 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
- 768 MB RAMINTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION, END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. TO ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES, YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE. ONLY ONE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE PER GAME. EA TERMS & CONDITIONS AND FEATURE UPDATES CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER ONLINE. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com.
Spore Game Review
Our main goal is to provide full and useful game reviews. Our authors strictly follow the rules: minimum 15 hours of gameplay, storyline completement, all multiplayer and challenge modes play and years of gaming experience.View all reviews
Spore is a life-simulation and real-time strategy game in which the player begins as a microscopic organism an gradually, develops into a social creature capable of building civilizations and habitats.
Spore has been developed by Maxis and designed by Will Wright. The vibrant colors depict the diversity in the game. The developers ensured to deliver exceptional graphics performance by simulating imaginary surroundings in the game. The perfection and creativity are evident when you look at the unique creatures of the game.
The background soundtrack has been composed by CliffMartinez. The generative music complements the Spore gameplay, thus, ensuring optimum user engagement throughout the game.
The journey in the Spore begins with the emergence of a microorganism. You need to take control from here and inculcate certain characteristics to develop the organism into a creature. As you become capable, you will curate villages, buildings, habitats, vehicles, etc. Thus, you develop a whole civilization with your intellect and hard work. A time will come when you will embark on the space journey in your spacecraft. During your odyssey, you will interact with other planets and creations developed by other players.
There are five stages in the game: Tidepool phase wherein you will fight for the survival of your creature. Creature phase lets your creature learn how to evolve, develop traits such as social behavior. In the Tribal phase, you will control the family of creatures of the same genetics. You will teach them how to utilize tools and resources. The City phase deals with the infrastructure and development of the tribes. Now, you will interact with other cultures and unify the planet based on common motives. The Space phase initiates your journey through the infinite space, exploring planets, solar systems, and accomplishing missions.
Controls — 4/5
The controls in the game are smooth and easy-to-use. There are a variety of tools available for accomplishing various tasks in the game. For example, you can use tools to build creatures, vehicles, cities, and spaceships.
Being a single player game, you are in control of all the happenings in the game. The game features diversified stages that let you use your imagination and tactics to accomplish the tasks and proceed further in the game.
Replay Value — 4.5/5
Being an open-ended game, you will experience endless missions and goals to achieve. Since you can traverse the unending universe, you are entitled to discover new planets, habitats, and aliens. Although it is a single player game, the players can use other creator’s resources as well. For example, your planet will be accessible to other active players on Spore. All the creations are uploaded on the online Sporepedia, accessible by everyone.
No doubt, it took 4 years for the developers and publishers to roll out this game in the market. The extensive use of graphics and design, the infinite number of worlds in the universe, five stages, and much more; Spore is successful in rendering a wholesome gaming experience.
Since it is a single player game, you cannot interact with other players. But yes, you can utilize their creations for your purpose. To proceed further in the game, you have to fulfill missions and attain goals with flying colors.
If you are scouting a progressive game with unending gameplay and magnificent graphics, Spore is what you actually need!
Pros : Impressive graphics & jazzy soundtrack
Suitable for both children and adults
Cons : Repetitive activities in different stages
Not meant for all type of users
Replay Value 4.5
Average : 4.3
Disclaimer1. All review text and other content are original. The copyright of all games, hardware and software reviews and images belong to PCgames editorial team, copying without attribution is forbidden. Some of brand names, logos and screenshots are used in order of qualified relationships.
2. All the information on this website is strictly observed all the terms and conditions of Google Ads Advertising policies, Google Unwanted Software policy and Microsoft Advertising policies.
3. We provide the official download links to legal sources like official websites, Steam, Microsoft MarketGOG, Humble Bumble and other.
Besides, the game you're reading right now:
1. Is a game for PC;
2. Will not change any system settings on your PC.
You can contact us via the Disclaimer page and ask your questions.